William Frederick Nagle had his residence and dry goods store in this building. It was at the NE corner of Broadway and Arch (then Front Street) before the fire. Nagle had a warehouse and wharf on the canal behind the building to receive his wares. The drawing is from 1858. The first telegraph message was sent out of Milton from the office of Nagle’s store on May 29, 1851. The location after the fire of 1880 can be seen here.