This bank was located on the east side of S. Front Street. The Dreifuss Brothers building was to the left. On the map of 1884 there was a meat store at this location.
From Bell’s History of Northumberland County 1891: The Milton Trust and Safe Deposit Company was incorporated, February 17, 1887, and organized with the election of the following officers: president, John McCleery; vice-president, S. J. Shimer; treasurer, Edmund Davis; secretary, M. H. Barr; directors: W. A. Schreyer, R. F. Wilson, S. J. Shimer, John McCleery, D. M. Krauser, D. Clinger, W. A. Heinen, S. W. Murray, A. P. Hull, E. H. Heaton, Cyrus Hoffa, J. B. Godcharles, J. M Caldwell, T. S. Moorhead, and C. W. Tharp. The authorized capital is two hundred fifty thousand dollars, ten per cent. of which was paid in when the company began business, March 15, 1887; the present paid-up capital is one hundred twenty-five thousand dollars. The banking house on Front street was erected in 1888.