This building was on the west side of Front Street and north of the Center Street intersection. It was bought on March 31st, 1899 by the Dreifuss brothers, who also owned the mens' clothing store across the street. It was formerly known as the Goodlander Block, having been sold to John V. Goodlander by the Odd Fellows Hall Association of Milton on June 12th, 1858. It was lot 15 on the original map of Milton. The opera house was part of the original building, and shows on the map of 1884.
The Phillips block / James F. Kennedy building was to the left, and the First National Bank was to the right. The opera house occupied the entire second floor, and was accessed by the door on the far left.
From “The Front Porch” by A. Frank Krause, P 376: It was a splendid solid brick structure with two floors of high ceilings. It had a wide staircase that led upstairs to a ticket booth and reception area that led into the main auditorium, which was lit entirely with gas chandeliers. The auditorium was equipped with a large elevated stage, curtains, backdrops, and dressing rooms. It was Milton‘s sole cultural entertainment center for over 50 years, bringing light opera, stage plays, and lectures on circuit out of New York.