Picture courtesy of the Milton Historical Society
On the left are the (white) Gresh House hotel and the old Broadway school. The stone foundation on the right was the Barr & Wertman Carriage Works. The structure in the foreground was probably the Kirkpatrick academy building, based on a description in Bell's History of Northumberland County 1891. It was the first factory building on the site. After the fire the Catholic Church was rebuilt on this site.