This building was at the southeast corner of Front and Center Streets. The First Baptist Church is visible to the left, at the corner of Elm and Center streets. The Methodist Church is to the right. The building was built shortly after the fire of 1880, and is identified as the “Finney Building” on the maps, and presumably housed various businesses on the first floor over the years, and probably apartments on the second floor. The original owner was probably James Finney, father of Spencer, who died in 1876. The map of 1870 shows "J. Finney". On the same map, Spencer had a building further down Front Street along the river. Both were destroyed in the 1880 fire, and Spencer probably rebuilt on his father's property at the corner of Center Street.
By 1906 Daniel Mull operated a confectionery there, and lived here with his wife Virginia in 1910.