This picture was taken looking south from Fourth Street, formerly Church Lane. The buildings of American Car & Foundry, formerly Murray, Dougal & Co., can be seen on the left where the canal bends. The log basin of McCleery & Newhard is on the right. Fourth Street originally went across the tracks and provided access to the Milton Cemetery. It was closed off by the railroad in 1910. When AC&F expanded, they further blocked it with a new building.