Milton History

a pictorial history of Milton, PA

Swartz Marble Works

Broadway Bicycle Shop

This building appears to be near the southeast corner of Broadway and Front Street, as seen on the map below from 1901 with the number 422 in front of it. The man on the right appears to be George Dallas Fox. It is one of several small shops on land at the corner leased from Albert Cadwallader before he built the Milton Realty building in 1910. The store is nearly identical to the one shown here. One of his businesses listed on that page is sporting goods, and apparently he decided to offer bicycles as part of that line. The sign under the canopy lists his other businesses at that location.

George Dallas Fox

George Dallas Fox

Broadway Bicycle Shop map