This view is to the northeast from the corner of Center and Elm streets. Bound Avenue is to the right. The school property extended from Elm Street to Bound Avenue.
From Bell’s History of Northumberland County 1891: This school was dedicated on the 25th of February, 1881. It replaced the prior school building, a brick structure two stories in height and containing four rooms, erected in 1859 and destroyed by the great fire in May, 1880.