This picture was taken from the north stream of Limestone Run, where it bends south parallel to Front Street, looking east. At the left edge is the Samuel J. Shimer cutterhead factory, facing on Race Street. At the right edge are homes along Mahoning Street. The building fronts on Elm Street. The concrete and stone structure in the lower right corner was probably part of the foundation from the Eckert / Baker grist mill, which Shimer bought and demolished in 1892, using the stone to expand his factory. The people are probably Samuel J. Shimer and his wife Catherine - can't be sure, but the features are similar.
Photo courtesy of the Milton Historical Society