William A. Reed was the owner of a stationary store. His sons Charles and Elmer were salesmen in the store, and owned it after William’s death. All three families lived here in 1910. Elm Street is to the left. This home was originally owned by William H. Reber, owner of the steam tannery behind the house, along Elm Street. The machine shop of Samuel J. Shimer & Sons can be seen to the left.