Dr. John S. Follmer was a physician, surgeon and pharmacist. He lived here with his wife Elizabeth and children
Frederick and Malcolm in 1910. His pharmacy was at 69 S Front Street.
From Bell's History of Northumberland County PA 1891: J. S. FOLLMER, physician and surgeon, was born in Turbut township, Northumberland county, Pennsylvania, July 18, 1852, son of Daniel and Sarah (Lantz) Follmer. He was educated at the public schools of Milton and at Limestone Academy. He read medicine with Dr. C. H. Dougal, and graduated from the Jefferson Medical College of Philadelphia in 1876. Previous to this he had served an apprenticeship in the drug business, and after practicing medicine one year, he engaged in the drug business, which he has since followed. In 1879 he married Lizzie B., daughter of Peter Voris, of Chillisquaque township, by whom he has two children: Frederick Voris and Malcolm Murray. Doctor and Mrs. Follmer are members of the Methodist Episcopal church, and politically he is a Democrat.