This home burned in the great fire of 1880, but was rebuilt and is still standing. There is evidence that it was originally owned by Samuel Hepburn. On the map of 1858 it is owned by Mrs. M. S. - probably Margaret Sanderson, wife of James P. Sanderson.
From Bell’s History of Northumberland County 1891: J. P. McCLEERY, physician, is the oldest son of Dr. William McCleery,
and was born in Milton, Pennsylvania, November 13, 1832. He received a good education at the schools of Milton and McEwensville. He began the study of medicine with his father, and attended Jefferson Medical College, of Philadelphia, graduating in March, 1857, and since that time has practiced his profession in Milton. June 4, 1870, he was united in marriage with Margaret S., daughter of John McCormick, of Lewis township, this county, and by this union they have five children: Annie M.; Mary H.; Martha G.; William, and Josephine P. Doctor McCleery is a Republican in politics, and the family are adherents of the Presbyterian church.