Milton History

a pictorial history of Milton, PA

Home of Clarence G. Voris

Home of Clarence G. Voris 239 Broadway

From Bell’s History of Northumberland County 1891:  CLARENCE G. VORIS, attorney at law, was born in Danville, Montour county, Pennsylvania, January 29, 1851, son of A. G. and Rebecca N. (Frick ) Voris. He was reared in

Clarence G. Voris

Clarence G. Voris

Danville, attended the academy of that place, and graduated from Lafayette College in 1872. He read law with Silas M. Clark, now a member of the Supreme bench, also attended the Columbia Law School, of New York City, and was admitted to the bar of Indiana county in the spring of 1876. In 1877 he opened an office in Sunbury, where he practiced his profession until January 1, 1887, when he removed to Milton, and formed a co-partnership with Colonel John McCleery. McCleery & Voris are attorneys for the Milton Trust and Safe Deposit Company. He is a Republican in politics, and is a member of Mahoning Lodge, F. & A.M., of Danville. In March, 1888, he married Mary G., daughter of Captain Charles J. Bruner, deceased, of Sunbury. Mr. and Mrs. Voris are members of the Presbyterian church.