This house is on the NE corner of N Front and Walnut Streets. The house to the left at number 111 belonged to Arthur E. Slocum. Godcharles was the founder of the C. A. Godcharles Company, which made nails and other items from steel.
From History of Northumberland County, PA 1911 by J. L. Floyd: CHARLES AIKEN GODCHARLES, son of Henry and Esther (Price) Godcharles, was born at Farrandsville, Clinton Co., Pa., Dec. 8, 1843. He attended the public schools for a few years, and learned the trade of nailmaker under his father, who was a pioneer nailmaker in this country, traveling all the way from his native place in Canada by foot. At a very tender age Mr. Godcharles enlisted for service in the Civil war in Company G, 131st Pennsylvania Volunteers, and reenlisted in Company A, 201st Pennsylvania Volunteers. After the close of the war he followed his trade at Duncannon, Pa., and later removed to Northumberland, where he accepted a similar position with Van Alen & Co. In 1874 he headed a company which built a nail mill at Milton, later one at Towanda, and then a third at Northumberland. He retired from active business a few years before his death, which occurred January 17, 1903. He was a member of the Masonic Fraternity and was a prominent member of the Republican party.