Glass slide photo courtesy of the Milton Historical Society
This view is to the northeast, toward Broadway, after the fire of 1880. The telegraph office is on the first floor of the tower. The building to the left of the tower is the Gresh House hotel. In the lower left corner is rubble from the ruins of the Philadelphia & Erie RR freight station, and a hand car used to repair the tracks and equipment. The building to the far left is probably the burned-out building of the carriage works of Hugh D. Barr and William K. Wertman. Look here for more details.