Seth Comly Hill was born in Chillisquaque township, Northumberland county, Pennsylvania, November 9, 1836, son of Elijah and Rebecca (Wenrich) Hill. He was a farmer for several years, then in 1871 bought the property at the NE corner of Front and Center Streets. We believe he conducted a grocery business there. Sometime in the 1870s he went to work as the dairy and farm manager for William Heinen. The family lived in a tenant house behind the Heinen farmhouse at the corner of Turbot Ave. and Red Hill Road. In 1900 they bought a home at 220 Center Street. Seth died in 1912.
Rachel Angeny was born on Feb 24,1840, the daughter of Abraham Angeny and Leah Fretz of Bedminster Township, Bucks County, PA. Her family lived on the property known as Angeny's Mill, and attended the Deep Run East Mennonite Church. In the spring of 1848, they moved to New Columbia, Union Co., PA. In 1859 they moved again to Milton, PA, where Rachel became active in the Baptist church. She was married to Seth Comly Hill on Oct 3, 1861. They had seven children: Raymond, Clara, Kate, Alice, Bessie, William, and Harry. She died on Sep 9, 1926. Her father, Abraham Angeny, was the only person to die in the 1880 fire.