This coal elevator and yard was located on the west side of the Philadelphia & Reading RR tracks between Broadway and Center Street. This view is to the west. In 1883 this yard was owned by William McCormick Hull, and was along the canal. It was later owned by Edward W. Johnson, Joseph's father. The office on Center St. can be seen here.