This building appears on the map of 1884 as the Phillips Block, and remains as such until the map of 1913, at which time the label was dropped. The Goodlander Block and Milton Opera House was to the right. James F. Kennedy was born in 1842 and died in 1914. He was engaged in the plumbing and tinning business in Milton for fifteen years. At the time of his retirement, he sold the business to his son, John C. Kennedy. He lived with his second wife Clara R. (Shearer) at 110 Mahoning St. in 1910.