This fire house first appears on the map of 1913, after the south log basin had been filled in and American Car & Foundry had expanded. The AC&F office is just out of the picture to the left, and a double home is to the right. Behind the fire house is the AC&F pattern storage building.
From George Venios: AC&F employees built the first Good Will Hose Company firehouse on AC&F property. It was to their advantage to have the unit on site for their own protection as well as the community. Good Will started with two four-wheel carts, which were pulled by fire fighters who ran to the fire.