Milton History

a pictorial history of Milton, PA

George W. Hertz Meat Market

George W. Hertz Meat Market 7 Broadway

This photo was probably taken in 1884, after the Great Fire. The Hastings Printing Company building is to the right. The building is typical of the temporary wood structures built to allow merchants to continue their businesses while the town was rebuilt. The youngsters to the right are probably George’s two sons, David and William, born in 1879 and 1880.

Photo courtesy of the Milton Historical Society

Photo below courtesy of William B. Hertz

Hertz Meat Wagon