This building is located on the north side of Broadway at the northeast corner of Arch Street. It was formerly the Globe Hotel, and was later purchased by Bartram
Galbraith from the Fonda estate and used for apartments. The store interior is shown below, with the entrance and windows to the left.
The building on the far right was built between 1896 and 1901 at the corner of Broadway and Front Streets by Brownell & Galbraith, on land leased from Albert Cadwallader. When Mr. Cadwallader increased the monthly rent from $25 to $35, Galbraith moved the entire building, including its contents to this location on March 22, 1909. It is now a news stand, and is located where the canal crossed Broadway.