Tilman (originally spelled Tilghman) Foust was born in 1844 and died in 1921. He was a teamster and liveryman before opening his own establishment. He provided livery services in the elaborate coaches shown here.
This property was owned by Frank O’Donnell, who operated a livery there, in 1884, but by 1890 the building shown in the picture had been built.
The building to the right housed an agricultural implement dealer after the fire, but by 1901 had become the warehouse for the Schreyer Store Company. It later became a livery (1913), then an auto garage by 1918.
The picture below shows the same site, looking north toward Broadway, in 1925, courtesy of Hagenbuch Archives. Further information can be found here.