Picture courtesy of the Milton Historical Society
This picture was taken facing northeast, with Centre Street in the foreground. It was located between Elm Street and Bound Avenue.
Built in 1859, it was a brick structure two stories in height and containing four rooms. The main entrance was on the south side, with side doors on the east and west, and the building was raised somewhat above the level of the lot. This school house was doubtless a credit to the town at the time when it was built, and was the largest in the borough at the time of its destruction by fire in 1880.