Picture courtesy of the Milton Historical Society
Facing west from the canal. The tall structure on the left is thought to be the store of Heinen, Schreyer & Company. The property was owned by John Roush in 1870, and John was a partner in the company. On the right is the south end of Front (Mill or Arch) Street. The first building was owned by Dr. Uriah Q. Davis in 1870, the second by Frederick Wilhelm, a liveryman. His stable was on the opposite side of Broadway, at the corner of Bound Ave.