This church is located on the southeast corner of Lower Market Street and Garfield Avenue (now lower Arch Street).
From Bell’s History of Northumberland County 1891: The Evangelical Association established a mission at Milton in 1866 under the Rev. Samuel Davis, who labored here for two years with marked success in the old Lutheran church on Mahoning street. A society was regularly organized in the spring of 1869 under Rev. J. M. Pines. In 1870 a lot of ground on Lower Market street was purchased for a church site, and a log house thereon fitted up for temporary occupation as a place of worship. This was removed in 1872, and the erection of a frame church building, forty by seventy-four feet in dimensions, was begun; it was dedicated, January 31, 1875, by Bishop Rudolph Dubs, and at that time the society numbered eighty-four members. This church was burned, May 14, 1880; the erection of the present edifice was at once began, and it was dedicated, December 18, 1881. The following is a list of pastors: Reverends Samuel Davis, J. M. Pines, A. H. Irvin, Henry B. Hertzler, Adam W. Schenberger, S. P. Remer, Henry A. Stoke, J. A. Irvin, C. W. Finkbinder, A. H. Irvin and G. W. Curran, the present pastor.
Photo courtesy of the Milton Historical Society