Edward Erwin Armstrong Moore lived at 34 Filbert Street with his wife Mame (McLaughlin) and children Howard and Margaret in 1910. The door on the left was his bakery.To the right is the Krause & Co. building at 66 Broadway. The building on the left is the studio and home of John S. Rippel, a photographer, at number 80.
The Moore Bakery building was originally built in 1880 on the site later occupied by the Philadelphia & Reading RR passenger station. In 1882, it was moved across the canal to its present location to make way for the station. It was originally a grocery, but was changed to a bakery after the move.
The picture at left is of Mr. Moore in front of his bakery, and the one below is of the first Moore family car, taken in 1920, both courtesy of the Moore family.