From Floyd’s History of Northumberland Co., 1911: On March 2, 1896, he entered into partnership with E. F. Colvin, and they opened a place of business at No. 124 South Front St. This partnership was dissolved by mutual consent the 2d of August, following, Mr. Hause purchasing Mr. Colvin's interest and continuing the business at the same stand for several years. In April, 1907, he moved into the new home which he had built at No. 119 Elm street, his new storeroom adjoining his residence; the store is neat and well arranged, and there is a commodious shop at the rear well equipped for all the needs of the business.