This picture was taken after the canal was closed. The lock tender's house is on the right, facing Cherry Street. The location was just north of Cameron Avenue, looking south. It can be seen at the bottom of the Milton map of 1870. The West Branch Division of the Pennsylvania Canal System was completed from Northumberland to Muncy on Oct. 2, 1830 and was closed in 1901.